I am on a major journey with fitness. I am the first to admit that I fall of the wagon probably even more than what is normal. Excuses run rampant and all of the sudden I am on the couch with a bag of candy 5 lbs heavier and feeling like dirt. How does this keep happening to me?!
I am proud to say that for the last month this is not the case. Sure I have my days where the couch is home instead of the gym, but it is good for my body to take days off. Every week I make it to the gym at least a couple of times and do yoga nearly every day. How am I finally maintaining this healthy habit and staying on the wagon?
1. I make it easy for myself. I pack my gym bag in the morning and bring it to work. I find that if I go home before a workout I probably won’t make it there. My gym is on my way home from work so I can’t use the excuse that it is far away. If I am tired, I only work out for 30 mins, but hey at least I went.
2. I surround myself with motivation. I have a Fitbit(highly recommended) which motivates me. I workout with my boyfriend for motivation. I keep a fitness journal so that I can see my progress.
3. I eat healthy. Eating healthy is a great motivator for working out and vice versa. If you focus on one of these habits the other will follow suit.
4. I made the choice. I am CHOOSING to make this a priority. I am CHOOSING to focus a lot of my energy on making it happen. It is a conscious decision that I make every single day. No more excuses. I want this to be my lifestyle and so I am CHOOSING to make it happen.
5. I am loving the journey. This is the most important part of my whole health pursuit. I have realized there is NO END. This is a lifestyle choice. It is not a matter of working really hard to feel a certain way and then stopping when I get there. If I stop I lose everything I gained. This is a lifelong journey and I am loving all of the ups and downs it has to offer. There will always be someone stronger, skinnier, healthier. I now compete only with myself. This is my journey and I am learning to love it.